- Personal information is collected from customers only after obtaining consent, which is obtained when customers are prompted for information when subscribing to the services, by using a scan on computer website, downloading a product, or requesting further information. Personally-identifiable information is not collected when a user browses the website. Scan on Computer may contact customers about offers and opportunities from the Scan on Computer or its business partners to conduct surveys and gather feedback. This privacy statement does not extend to any information beyond the control of scanoncomputer.com.
- For Scan On Computer. products and services, additional information collection is described in the policy at CSS Information Collection.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Statement
- Scan On Computer products and services are not directed to children under 13, and we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with personally identifying information, we will take steps to delete such information from our files as soon as possible.
- Downloading a product may require the input of personal information. Scan On Computer will use this information to contact the customer about Scanoncomputer’s products and services, including product updates and promotional material. This information may also be used as collated general demographic information to improve Scanoncomputer’s products and services.
- scanoncomputers uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”), to evaluate the use of our sites. Google Analytics places a third-party cookie on your computer that is then used to compile reports of visitor traffic and internet usage. Google Analytics does not have a database of individual profiles for each visitor and only collects aggregate data.
- Scan on computers uses log files comprising non-personally identifiable information to analyze trends, administer the site, track movements, calculate the number of document and file downloads, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
- The Scan On Computer website contains links to external websites outside this privacy statement’s scope. Scan On Computer is not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and does not control the accuracy of information displayed by such websites.
- Scan On Computer protects information both online and offline. The transmission of information is encrypted and protected using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). Stored customer information is kept in a secure environment where access is restricted to employees.
- With your express permission, certain Scans On Computer codes, such as Free Website Malware Scanner and Free Website Malware Removal, allow the applications access to Google Analytics or other similar data. When requested by you, these applications also specifically access, modify and delete personal data and may send emails or messages from your device.